The Canadian Dietetic Registration Exam (CDRE) is a national examination developed and administered by the Alliance of Canadian Dietetic Regulatory Bodies. The CDRE is a requirement for registration in all provinces except Quebec.
The CDRE is a one day multiple choice examination designed to test practice-based knowledge, application, and critical thinking skills required to competently and safely practice dietetics. Candidates must apply to write the exam by completing the Newfoundland and Labrador College of Dietitians registration application process and submit the exam fee.
The CDRE is offered in May and November each year. The next sitting is:
All applications and required documentation must be received by NLCD for:
- The November Exam by October 1,
- The May Exam by March 15.
- A CDRE Preparation Guide is provided to all exam candidates.
- The Guide includes policies regarding the exam, sample exam questions, and a reference list.
- Will be sent electronically to applicants.
The CDRE exam fee is $600